LED technology conquers the building facades
Illuminated external surfaces or areas used for information, advertising and art - the LED technology offers an infinite variety for design professionals. Today, lighting concepts play an increasingly important role in architecture.
Modern LED media facades allow completely new variations of the staged architecture. In contrast to projections, they also have sufficient brightness during the day. Building walls are ideal platforms for the fusion of art and commerce. They allow interaction with the viewer and transform buildings into a medium.
The big challenge is to merge architecture and media facade into one entity. In a correlation, the building provides the communication surface and in return receives the media coverage of the facade, which emphasize the architecture.
Projections, large screens, displays or light installations - companies have recognized architecture as an eye-catcher long ago in order to emphasize themselves under extreme overstimulation. Media facades are increasingly used to stage themselves artistically, to receive the greatest possible attention and to use these positive results accordingly.
LED technology has all the advantages
- LED are weather-resistant - a big advantage in outdoor lighting.
- LED produce directional light that can be easily and precisely directed to facades and lettering. Stray light is avoided.
- LED are very compact and can therefore be placed in or near the facade. This saves energy and also prevents light emission.
- LED exist in many different designs. Architectural lighting opens up new design possibilities.
- LED draw colored light from semiconductor chips which can be used for architectural lighting or illuminated advertising. By omitting color filters they are more efficient than conventional lamps.
- LED are energy efficient, they last 50,000 hours and longer. This eliminates the need for expensive maintenance work, for example on facades.